Terms & Conditions
It’s important to know what you’re getting into, so grab a cold beer while you have a read of our terms and conditions below.
The following terms and conditions together with the general information contained on this website (Terms and Conditions) apply to your booking for any Craft Beer Tours NZ Tour operated by Craft Beer Tours NZ Limited (trading under Craft Beer Tours NZ). By completing your booking you agree to adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
You agree that Craft Beer Tours NZ will not be liable for any sickness, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may arise, either directly or indirectly, by reason of any defect or any other cause, or through acts of default of Craft Beer Tours NZ or any other person engaged in the Tour.
By participating in this activity, you are expressly assuming those risks and responsibilities and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law releasing Craft Beer Tours NZ, its officers, employees, directors, agents and any other person associated with the Tour, from any liability, claims, loss, damages or expenses (whatsoever and irrespective of whether direct, indirect or consequential) caused by any event including but not limited to: personal injury or death; property loss or damage; acts which may be construed as negligible or accidental; any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder suffered by you or any other person in relation to this Tour.
- In participating in the Tour, you agree to be bound by the following conditions:
- Your successors, executors and administrators are bound by the Terms and Conditions;
- You agree not to commence any litigation proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and liabilities set out above and to indemnify Craft Beer Tours NZ against any claims;
- You confirm and warrant you are physically fit and suffer no medical conditions which may affect your ability to participate in the Tour
- You agree to respect, listen to your guide and follow their instructions at all times.
Furthermore, Craft Beer Tours NZ will not be responsible for any personal injury and/or property damage caused by you and any costs for such injury/damage will be your responsibility. You shall indemnify Craft Beer Tours NZ in relation to such costs.
A 20% deposit is required to secure your booking. Remaining payment for your booking is required no less than 7 days prior to the Tour date. We are not responsible for currency conversion or any fees imposed by your credit card provider and any questions relating to such matters should be directed to them.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- If cancelled at least 22 days prior to the Tour date: 0% cancellation fee (100% refund)
- If cancelled 21 - 7 days prior to the Tour date: 20% cancellation fee (80% refund)
- If cancelled 6 to 1 days prior to the Tour date: 50% cancellation fee (50% refund)
- If cancelled on day of the Tour date: 100% cancellation fee (0% refund)
Refunds will not be issued except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or as agreed in writing by Craft Beer Tours NZ. Who pays your refund depends upon whether you made your booking directly through Craft Beer Tours NZ or through a booking agent re-selling our tours:
- If the ticket or voucher was booked through a Booking Agent, the person who made the booking will be issued with a refund voucher for redemption with the Booking Agent.
- If the ticket was bought directly from Craft Beer Tours NZ then we will reimburse the person who made the booking based on the terms above.
TOUR CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY US
Craft Beer Tours NZ reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any Tour at any time should circumstances require this.
- Craft Beer Tours NZ reserve the right to change or cancel tours due to operating requirements or circumstances beyond our control.
- We operate tours in working breweries however we cannot guarantee that all elements of the brewing process will be operating at the time of the tour.
- Although we endeavour to provide a tour of each brewery and some businesses, we cannot guarantee this due to circumstances beyond our control.
- All our tours require a minimum of three (3) guests to commence, depending on the specific itinerary. If the minimum number is not reached, we reserve the right to change or cancel any bookings.
- If we cancel a tour we will endeavour to do one of the following:
- re-book you for another date or tour (subject to availability)
- transfer your booking to another person
- refund your payment
Craft Beer Tours NZ welcomes passengers with special needs or disabilities. However, guests are required to advise us in advance of any physical, medical or other special requirements as not all locations may have the required facilities or access.
- Craft Beer Tours NZ operate tours in working breweries and due to occupational health and safety requirements we strongly recommend wearing closed shoes on all our tours.
- Do not wear jandals, sandals or thongs (flip-flops) as you may not be allowed on the brewery floor.
- By booking with us you acknowledge that participation in all our tours involves inherent risks that may not be present in other less demanding tours.
- These risks include, without limitation, the possibility of injury or death, psychological trauma, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort.
- Craft Beer Tours NZ strongly recommends that you do not drive after one of our tours. We accept no responsibility for your ability to get home once our tours terminate but endeavour to assist you in reaching valid public transportation options.
SERVICE OF ALCOHOL
- Craft Beer Tours NZ does not condone excessive or binge drinking. We promote responsible drinking of alcohol. Drink better beer, not more beer.
- Guests must at all times abide by all New Zealand laws regarding lawful drinking practices including, but not limited to, the consumption of alcohol in public places, in vehicles and consumption of ‘bring your own’ (BYO) alcohol.
- Service of alcohol will be refused to persons deemed intoxicated.
- As Craft Beer Tours NZ visits licenced premises where alcohol is served it is your responsibility to carry a valid passport, drivers licence, proof of age card as a form of identification for the duration of the tour.
- Any guest who consumes, or is suspected of consuming alcohol in a non-licensed area can be removed from the tour. They will not be entitled to any refund.
- Non-licensed areas may include, but are not limited to: tour buses and vehicles; non-licensed areas of breweries or consuming BYO drinks on brewery properties; or any public areas such as restrooms, parks or service stations where the bus may stop.
- Drinking on any vehicle owned or operated by Craft Beer Tours NZ is strictly prohibited.
- Any alcohol purchased on the tour is to remain on the bus and may not be taken into the breweries.
- You are responsible for your own behaviour.
- Uncontrollable and disruptive drunken behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Any person deemed unruly or disruptive can be removed from the tour and will not be entitled to any refund.
- Any legal action (including fines) taken against a person on the tour, or against Craft Beer Tours NZ because of the actions of a guest, will be the sole responsibility of that person or persons.
- Craft Beer Tours NZ strongly recommends that you do not drive after our tours. We cannot accept any responsibility for your ability to get home once our tours terminate.
- Guests are responsible for any damage they cause during the tour to property of Craft Beer Tours NZ or any breweries or businesses we visit.
- A minimum fee of $250 will apply to any damage to, or spillage on, any vehicle owned or operated by Craft Beer Tours NZ.
- We reserve the right to charge your credit card without authorisation from you to cover the costs for any damage incurred by you or by guests you booked.
- Smoking is not permitted on any vehicle owned or operated by Craft Beer Tours NZ or inside brewery buildings unless it is in a designated smoking area.
- We are not responsible for the conduct of third party operators, venues, or suppliers.
AUTHORITY OF THE TOUR LEADER
- At all times the decision of the Craft Beer Tours NZ tour leader or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the tour.
- This includes any decision that the tour leader makes about the ongoing participation of a guest on the tour or certain activities that comprise part of the tour.
- This includes any person, in the opinion of the tour leader, who is affected by alcohol or other drugs (whether prescribed by a medical practitioner or otherwise).
- If a guest fails to comply with a decision made by the tour leader, or interferes with the well-being of the group, then the tour leader reserves the right to terminate this contract and order the guest to leave the tour immediately, with no right of refund.
- The matter may be also reported to the New Zealand Police if deemed necessary by the Craft Beer Tours NZ tour leader or representative.
- Craft Beer Tours NZ are not responsible for any costs incurred once a guest is removed from a tour.
TIMING & ITINERARY
- Craft Beer Tours NZ will always do their best to contact you by mobile phone if you are late or missing part of the tour.
- However, we accept no responsibility for, and provide no refund for, guests who miss any part of the tour for any reason.
- This includes but is not limited to: guests failing to be at arranged pick up points at arranged times or guests leaving the pick-up location due to our transport running late.
- Buses will leave according to all times stated on itineraries and will not wait for late guests.
- Pick up and drop off times are an indication only.
- Craft Beer Tours NZ are not responsible for late arrival at any destination.
- We reserve the right to alter any part of the itinerary without notice before, on, or during the tour as circumstances dictate. We will endeavour to communicate any significant changes in a timely manner but are not liable for any changes and are not required to offer any refunds as a result of any change.
You agree that Craft Beer Tours NZ may use images or video of you taken during the tour without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only, through whatever medium it chooses.
This may include, but is not limited to, posting images to social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram, on Craft Beer Tours NZ website, other online advertising, as well as for use in print media such as flyers, brochures and posters.
BOOKING AGENT’S LIABILITY
If a Booking Agent sells any tickets or vouchers on behalf of Craft Beer Tours NZ, the Booking Agent indemnifies Craft Beer Tours NZ against:
- all losses incurred by Craft Beer Tours NZ,
- all liabilities incurred by Craft Beer Tours NZ,
- all costs actually payable by Craft Beer Tours NZ to its own legal representatives (whether or not under a costs agreement) and other expenses incurred by Craft Beer Tours NZ in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation, compromise, out of court settlement or appeal); arising directly or indirectly as a result of or in connection with any acts or omissions of the Booking Agent.
CRAFT BEER TOURS NZ DISCRETION
Craft Beer Tours NZ may use its absolute discretion in exercising any of the rights granted to it pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Craft Beer Tours NZ reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying customers.
Craft Beer Tours NZ Ltd, tours operating under Craft Beer Tours NZ, including these Terms and Conditions is governed exclusively by the laws of New Zealand and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.